Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to the Gulf on Thursday. Thanks to everyone who has made these trips possible. I have great conviction that it's really important to go and I am so grateful to have been able to work on this project. It's been a little bit of a struggle because I thought that I was going to be able to be home this whole summer and I've been home for just a little bit. I'm going to be missing some family stuff here to go back for the Shrimp and Petroleum Festival, which is upsetting and was a difficult decision but I feel very strongly that this is a very important event, a long standing celebration of community and industry that's coming at an interesting juncture, knowing the well is capped and the relief involved, and the anxiety of beginning the wait to see the full long term impact of the catastrophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment